Kelly Clarkson and husband Brandon Blackstock are staying together to welcome their soon-to-be-born first child in spite reports that he cheated on the singer.
Sources close to the situation tell Radar Online that the American Idol winner and her husband of eight months have just finished their baby girl's nursery in the pair's Nashville, Tenn. home.
"They are beyond excited over this baby. Kelly is just busting with joy and can't wait to hold her," the insider said. "They've got the nursery all together and now it's just a waiting game."
The 32-year-old singer announced she was expecting a baby girl in January, two months after she predicted the baby's gender on Twitter.
Clarkson's announcement came almost two months after a woman stepped forward in December to claim she and Blackstock had had an affair.
"We haven't slept together," the unidentified woman said at the time, "but we've been intimate in other ways. I really hope his wife keeps her eye on him because he's not the great man she thinks he is."
Clarkson is due to give birth on June 18. The child would be the first for the singer and the third for Blackstock who has two kids from a previous marriage.
Most Popular Stories
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Four DC Comics Properties Brought to TV Get Comic-Con Event
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Plan to Simplify 2015 Health Renewals May Backfire
- UFC Fight Night Sees Robbie Lawler Win Unanimous Decision
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy ' Sequel Slated for 2017
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June