Kelly Clarkson and husband Brandon Blackstock are staying together to welcome their soon-to-be-born first child in spite reports that he cheated on the singer.
Sources close to the situation tell Radar Online that the American Idol winner and her husband of eight months have just finished their baby girl's nursery in the pair's Nashville, Tenn. home.
"They are beyond excited over this baby. Kelly is just busting with joy and can't wait to hold her," the insider said. "They've got the nursery all together and now it's just a waiting game."
The 32-year-old singer announced she was expecting a baby girl in January, two months after she predicted the baby's gender on Twitter.
Clarkson's announcement came almost two months after a woman stepped forward in December to claim she and Blackstock had had an affair.
"We haven't slept together," the unidentified woman said at the time, "but we've been intimate in other ways. I really hope his wife keeps her eye on him because he's not the great man she thinks he is."
Clarkson is due to give birth on June 18. The child would be the first for the singer and the third for Blackstock who has two kids from a previous marriage.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack