Traders were cautious ahead of the meeting of the
Many analysts expect the
The German DAX eased 0.3%, the French CAC 40 lost 0.26%, the
Bayer shares fell 1.2%.
Swiss drug giant
Filtration and environmental technology company
Wolseley, which reported higher third-quarter trading profit, rose 1.7%.
Swiss bakery business
Euro zone inflation fell to 0.5% in May from 0.7% in April, flash estimates published by Eurostat showed. The rate was forecast to ease marginally to 0.6%. Inflation held below the
Meanwhile, Euro area unemployment rate unexpectedly dropped in April, but remained at a high level. The seasonally adjusted jobless rate fell to 11.7% from 11.8% in March. Economists had expected the rate to hold steady at 11.8% for the fourth straight month.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges