Traders were cautious ahead of the meeting of the
Many analysts expect the
The German DAX eased 0.3%, the French CAC 40 lost 0.26%, the
Bayer shares fell 1.2%.
Swiss drug giant
Filtration and environmental technology company
Wolseley, which reported higher third-quarter trading profit, rose 1.7%.
Swiss bakery business
Euro zone inflation fell to 0.5% in May from 0.7% in April, flash estimates published by Eurostat showed. The rate was forecast to ease marginally to 0.6%. Inflation held below the
Meanwhile, Euro area unemployment rate unexpectedly dropped in April, but remained at a high level. The seasonally adjusted jobless rate fell to 11.7% from 11.8% in March. Economists had expected the rate to hold steady at 11.8% for the fourth straight month.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers