Across the tri-state area, the program will award
In 2012, Delta Dental introduced Brighter Futures, an initiative dedicated to improving oral health for all children and adults through early education, advocacy and philanthropy. In particular, Delta Dental is committed to increasing awareness about the importance of good oral health and its connection to school and life success by reaching out to children and their parents.
"Children miss 51 million hours of school each year because of oral health problems while adults miss a total of 164 million hours of work per year due to dental disease/dental visits," said
Submission guidelines include:
• Brighter Futures grants are limited to a maximum of
• Grants must be dedicated to local not-for-profit programs designed to promote oral health in
• Of particular interest are programs designed to promote/improve the oral health of underserved or at-risk populations and to those which have an oral health education component.
• Only one proposal per organization per year will be considered.
Upon submission, Delta Dental will evaluate each application based on factors such as the program's focus on children, potential value to the community, measurable results and the level of local community support it attracts.
Winners will be notified in
For a grant application, additional guidelines and eligibility requirements, visit http://deltadentalmi.com/About/Giving-Back/Delta-Dental-Foundation/Delta-Dental-Foundation-Grants/Brighter-Futures-Community-Grant.aspx.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11907516.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel