Benazir Income Support Programme (BISP) received a tremendous support from the
According to details,
This include a
The implementation period of the TA is August, 2009 to
Under the TA, the
After successful implementation, the
A budgetary support of
USAID commissioned a 3rd party assessment of BISP beneficiaries.
The report shows that 98.7 per cent beneficiaries of BISP received their monthly cash transfers.
DFID is one of the major supporters of BISP’s initial activities (test phase targeting survey, process evaluation and spot checks etc.) through the
DFID is providing a grant of Å“ 279.0 million (equivalent to
IMF in their 3rd Review have re-affirmed their commitment to continue their support to poor and most vulnerable segment of the population and expressed satisfaction in achieving the indicative targets for transfer payment.
The government is committed to reach about 5.25 million poor families by June, 2014. The coverage will be expanded through stepped-up outreach efforts with the target of reaching an additional 0.6 million by end June, 2015.
The payment mechanism would be shifted to competitively select e-banking option which would reduce cost and improve beneficiary services.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps