This update – which is available to all subscription users – will bring
"We are committed to deeply engaging with our user community and responding to their needs to continually improve our software," said
To better support 3D rigid-flex designs, the new version features 3D STEP Export of rigid-flex PCBs in the folded state. Previously, MCAD designers had to model rigid-flex boards as sheet metal parts, which limited the accuracy of the design. With this update, designers can open the folded model of a flexible PCB in mechanical design tools to ensure form and fit are correct. In addition, they can run detailed analysis on the PCB, checking on connections and heat flow.
Along with improved support for Variants and 3D STEP Export, Altium Designer 14.3 delivers improvements to schematic wire dragging, with development focused on maintaining connectivity while improving productivity. This includes improvements to the handling of overlapping wires, net labels and junctions.
Other highlights from this release include:
? Productivity and speed improvements to
? Automatic Component Rotation on Polar Grid for circular component placements.
? Improved via stitching and via shielding tools to reduce manual placement and editing of shielding vias.
? Improved internal layer usage for high density designs with automatic, unused PAD removal.
? Updated Mentor Graphics PADS® and xDX Designer® Importers to make it easier to incorporate and maintain existing legacy design IP.
The Altium Designer 14.3 update is available to
Altium Designer, a unified electronics design environment links all aspects of smart systems design in a single application that is priced as affordable as possible.
Founded in 1985,
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/05/prweb11889881.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks