'High interest rate policy is a form of cruelty against common people,' says Erdogan
"The government's strong stance against setting high interest rates irritates the interest-rate lobby," Erdogan said after a traditional 'iftar' dinner hosted by the
Turkish premier frequently accuses a group of financial speculators that he calls the interest-rate lobby for seeking to curb
Erdogan and other government officials have repeatedly criticized the central bank for maintaining high interest rates, calling it a limiting factor for economic growth.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges