The benchmark Tadawul All-Share Index (TASI) closed Sunday's trading session down by 55.78 points or 0.58 percent to 9,513.71, after being low as much as 85 points just after the opening bell.
All market cap indices finished to the downside. Only three out of Tadawul's 15 sectors witnessed a positive change, accumulating 40 points jointly.
Remaining sectors lost an aggregate of 940 points. Tourism and Real estate development posted the largest losses among sectoral indices, going down by 2.25 percent and 1.38 percent respectively.
The market breadth confirmed a bearish momentum, as out of 161 stocks traded on Sunday only 41 managed for a gain.
On the other positive side, share price of new player Abdulmohsen Alhokair group for
It has gained over 210 percent in 12 consecutive sessions. Tadawul investors showed a lackadaisical attitude, as the market's volume went 60.9 percent below the 50-day average of 322 million shares. Turnover also reduced to SR4.7 billion, 53.8 percent lower than the 50-day average of SR10 billion.
Most of the trading was concentrated in
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree