In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average gained 39.49 points, or 0.26 percent, from Friday to 15,134.49. The broader
Gainers included pulp and paper, precision machinery as well as fishery and agriculture issues, while mining and marine transport stocks lost ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare