Commodities will be offered at a 30-50% discount rate in consumer complexes for the month of
Hanafy added that there is "a real competition between the public sector and the private sector in race of reducing commodities' prices."
Hanafy added that, during an opening of a supermarket chain in the 6th of October city, the supermarket requested to join the price reduction system and apply in its branches.
The supermarket chain also discussed the possibility of taking part in exhibitions, under the umbrella of the
On 13 June, the ministry stated that it has prepared to distribute tonnes of food and commodities at reduced prices during
Hanafy mentioned that a new system to distribute subsidised commodities using ration cards will start at the beginning of July. The new system will include 20 new food and non-food commodities, bringing the total of products' accessibility to the average consumer to 30 or 40 different types.
The ministry also announced that the new distribution system, this time affecting subsidised bread, will be implemented starting Tuesday in all bakeries located in
The system will be carried over seven stages, where each stage will contain the inclusion of 200 bakeries. Each stage will take up to 2 days, with full implementation of the system in
Around one third of the financial dues of bakeries
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis