The global forecast for the Asian markets suggests mild upside, with bargain hunting expected after upbeat economic data from
The SCI finished slightly lower on Friday as gains from the airline stocks offset a mixed performance from the industrials.
For the day, the index eased 2.17 points or 0.11 percent to finish at 2,036.51 after trading between 2,025.07 and 2,043.98 on turnover of
Among the actives,
The lead from
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 5.71 points, or less than 0.1 percent, to close at 16,851.84. The NASDAQ advanced 18.88 points, or 0.4 percent, to end at 4,397.93. The S&P 500 added 3.74 points, or 0.2 percent, to finish at 1,960.96. For the week, the Dow and S&P 500 posted a mild retreat, while the NASDAQ finished higher.
The choppy trading for most of the session reflected uncertainty about the near-term outlook for the markets following the recent move to record highs by the Dow and the S&P 500. The temptation to take some money off the table has been countered lately by fear of missing out on further upside.
On the economic front,
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids