Provisional Budget of MK 210,178, 188, 689 billion has been approved Friday morning in the
Addressing the August House in
"This is insufficient time for the government to undertake valued budgetary consultations with different stakeholders for their contributions to the budgeting process," said Gondwe.
He informed the Members of Parliament to take a particular care in preparing the budget in view of a difficult and confused financial situation that the country is currently facing.
Furthermore, Gondwe reiterated that the budget has been delayed due to prolonged discussions underway with the donor who have not yet indicated their final decision regarding their support to the budget.
"I have been discussing with the donors to support the budget but they have not yet indicated their final decision regarding their support to the budget.
"Adding that a case in point is that the accumulation of unpaid bills (arrears) amounting to MK158.5 billion and a domestic debt stock of K340 billion a situation that has been left behind," he said.
"Let us serve the interests of Malawians," Njovuyalema said.
Deliberations are suspended till Monday morning whereby the Minister of Gender, Children, Disability and Social Welfare,
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply