The new check-in option will reduce the risk of losing the boarding pass and allow the storage of multiple boarding passes on a mobile phone, the
"Our aim is to simplify and streamline the departure and boarding experience," said
The mobile boarding passes will feature the same information as on a paper one such as passenger name, seat number, flight number, gate number and a bar code that will be scanned at the departure gate.
The service will be available for passengers travelling from London Heathrow,
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Health Care Hiring Up, Wages Down