The new check-in option will reduce the risk of losing the boarding pass and allow the storage of multiple boarding passes on a mobile phone, the
"Our aim is to simplify and streamline the departure and boarding experience," said
The mobile boarding passes will feature the same information as on a paper one such as passenger name, seat number, flight number, gate number and a bar code that will be scanned at the departure gate.
The service will be available for passengers travelling from London Heathrow,
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- California King Fire Roars Out of Control
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Is Alibaba's IPO Price a Fairytale?
- Kardashian: Kanye Never Told Fan in Wheelchair to Stand Up
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- CalPERS Pulls Out of Hedge Funds
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy
- U.S. Tobacco Growers Lose Last of Price Supports