The workshop, held from
The General Data Dissemination System (GDDS) was established by the IMF in 1997, and it aims to support statistical development by encouraging countries to improve data quality, provide comprehensive, timely, accessible, and reliable statistics to the public and evaluate needs for statistical development and dissemination.
The workshop was attended by representatives from national statistical departments.
and finance ministries from member GCC states who exchanged views on their progress made under the GDDS framework, the lessons learnt, and possible way forward in modernising standards to enhance data dissemination.
The workshop sessions began with a presentation by an IMF representative who shared background information to provide a stocktaking of the GDDS following nearly two decades of implementation and put forward some lessons learnt. A discussion followed the presentation and highlighted GDDS challenges, progress and plans.
The second session of the workshop focused on possible features of a modernised GDDS, focusing on data dissemination, possible features of a modernised GDDS, and key messages learned from the workshop and the way forward for enhancing data dissemination under the GDDS.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays