The DRS will enable to both high-resolution and very high-resolution optical and radar satellite imagery for the
It draws on the Spot 5, 6 and soon 7 satellites, PlÉiades 1A and 1B, TerraSAR X and TanDEM X satellites, with resolutions across optical and radar products ranging from 0.25 meters to 40 meters.
Applications will be held by the GeoNorth DRS in North American markets such as oil, gas and mining, infrastructure development, fisheries and ice monitoring. It carries the number of stations to Airbus DRS network to nearly 40, the largest worldwide.
The network makes sure near real-time delivery of data and services by enabling clients to downlink imagery instantly each time a satellite passes over the stations. In addition, this frees up more memory onboard the satellites and increases acquisition capacity.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?