The DRS will enable to both high-resolution and very high-resolution optical and radar satellite imagery for the
It draws on the Spot 5, 6 and soon 7 satellites, PlÉiades 1A and 1B, TerraSAR X and TanDEM X satellites, with resolutions across optical and radar products ranging from 0.25 meters to 40 meters.
Applications will be held by the GeoNorth DRS in North American markets such as oil, gas and mining, infrastructure development, fisheries and ice monitoring. It carries the number of stations to Airbus DRS network to nearly 40, the largest worldwide.
The network makes sure near real-time delivery of data and services by enabling clients to downlink imagery instantly each time a satellite passes over the stations. In addition, this frees up more memory onboard the satellites and increases acquisition capacity.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Discounts Help U.S. Auto Sales Sizzle in July
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Colorado Issuing Immigrant Driver's Licenses
- Fiat Looks Abroad After Chrysler Merger Vote
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Recruiting and Keeping the Perfect Employee
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Dow Wipes Out Gains for the Year: What Happens Now?