At Gartner Security & Risk Management Summit in
This poses a major challenge for IT professionals to understand the scope of information and data resources that exist throughout the organization.
The other side of the equation is managing who gets access to what, which is no easy feat.
5 Questions to Ask About Protecting Your Data,
Lang outlined a 5-part resource assessment that organizations can follow to establish access policies and secure data channels.
1. Where is the data? What is most at risk?
2. How should data be categorized to minimize risk?
3. How should access be established and enforced to ensure compliance?
4. How can application access be secured to minimize data loss?
5. How can data be protected anywhere it goes?
IT security professionals should take a leadership role in answering these questions, as well as applying the technology solutions to which they point. By doing that, they can help to streamline secure business processes, so that it becomes an enabler instead of an inhibitor to the organization s agility.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World