Advantages of Electronic Submission:
Electronic data interchange (EDI) allows faster, more efficient, and cost-effective claim submission for providers. EDI, performed in accordance with nationally recognized standards, supports the health care industry's efforts to reduce administrative costs. The benefits of billing electronically include:
• Reduction of overhead and administrative costs. EDI eliminates the need for paper claim submission. It has also been proven to reduce claim rework (adjustments).
• Receipt of reports as proof of claim receipt. This makes it easier to track the status of claims.
• Faster transaction time for claims submitted electronically. An EDI claim averages about 24 to 48 hours from the time it is sent to the time it is received. This enables providers to easily track their claims.
• Validation of data elements on the claim form. By the time a claim is successfully received electronically, information needed for processing is present. This reduces the chance of data entry errors that may occur with the use of paper claim forms.
• Quicker claim completion. Claims that do not need additional investigation are generally processed quicker. Reports have shown that a large percentage of EDI claims are processed within 10 to 15 days of their receipt.
The MediRoutes application helps Non Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) providers provide a quality experience to their clients at an affordable cost to their business. In addition to this, clients have mentioned the following:
1. Using the MediRoutes application and security overlays assists clients in being HIPPA compliant by taking a paper driven business and converting it to a paperless environment, from point of service all the way through to billing.
2. Using MediRoutes' solutions can help prevent potential fraud. Providers can document the date and time of service by time & GPS location of all services at the point of care. And MediRoutes takes that documentation a step further by capturing the patient's signature electronically right at the time of service.
3. MediRoutes reduced one customer's AR aging from over 45 days to less than 21 days through creating faster and better documented billing, using the application's software. Instead of taking 30 days from the time of service using a paper system, clients are able to properly invoice the next day.
4. Using MediRoutes has helped increased employee morale for both drivers and office workers by providing a more relaxed and in control, less stressful work environment.
Schedule Viewer has created practical solutions to an unsolvable problem – to learn more please visit our web site at http://www.scheduleviewer.com
About i-Plexus Solutions
i-Plexus is a modern technology enabled health care receivable management company that was formed in 2003 to fill the void that is being created by outdated clearinghouses, claim editing products and billing services. i-Plexus' mission is to pioneer feature and service rich transaction and receivables management solutions to the healthcare industry. i-Plexus' goal is to leverage Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) standards and leading technology to complement practice management and hospital billing solutions and allow provider organizations to cost-effectively automate business office functions. i-Plexus is currently focusing on facilitating claim repair, minimizing payer denial and automating receivables management through the synthesis of the full HIPAA-compliant ANSI transaction set and claim level reconciliation. i-Plexus connects to over 1,500 payers throughout
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/06/prweb11979439.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border