Saudi Arabian mobile operator contracts 5 dealers, involving Nokia Networks, for 3 years network modernisation project.
The company commented that it has contracted
Zain stated that under the agreement, the dealers will provide LTE and mobile broadband infrastructure, including radio access, transmission, core network, IP backbone and Internet gateway equipment.
The project will deliver the telco with extra coverage and capacity for voice and data services. It hopes to bolster coverage to 96%, despite it did not specify whether this is in terms of population or landmass.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges