The sale was well received by investors, with buyers putting in orders for four-times more bonds than were available, allowing interest rates to be lowered across all maturities when compared to expectations.
"We have worked hard to grow and diversify our economy and manage our financial obligations responsibly," said Governor
More than a third of the sale was purchased by retail investors in
"Interest rates are still near historic lows, and we capitalized on the opportunity to borrow longer term at attractive levels," said State Treasurer
The issuance was sold through negotiation by
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season