* A proposed rulemaking to establish speculative position limits for 28 exempt and agricultural commodity futures and options contracts and the physical commodity swaps that are economically equivalent to such contracts (Position Limits Proposal); and
* A proposed rulemaking to amend existing regulations setting out the Commission's policy for aggregation under its position limits regime (Aggregation Proposal).
The Position Limits Proposal was originally published in the
Comments should be limited to the issues of hedges of a physical commodity by a commercial enterprise, including gross hedging, cross-commodity hedging, anticipatory hedging, and the process for obtaining a non-enumerated exemption; the setting of spot month limits in physical-delivery and cash-settled contracts and a conditional spot-month limit exemption; the setting of non-spot limits for wheat contracts; the aggregation exemption for certain ownership interests of greater than 50 percent in an owned entity; and aggregation based on substantially identical trading strategies.
Comments may be submitted electronically through the CFTC's Comments Online process. All comments will be posted on the CFTC's website.
TNS 30FurigayJof-140628-4782805 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- Manufacturing in U.S. at Fastest Pace in 3-1/2 Years