The head of the
"What we're hearing is that many business leaders expect the effects of the post-tax hike drop in consumption to resolve sometime this year, maybe even as early as September,"
"We remain optimistic that the Japanese economy will continue to recover" if the personal consumption returns to a level that was seen before the sales tax was raised to 8 percent from 5 percent in April and Japanese Prime Minister
Kim also described Abe's pledges to increase employment of women and workers from overseas as "very encouraging."
Kim backed a
Kim met with Jin Liqun, a leading member of the envisioned
Kim said the
Kim said he looked forward to discussing with Japanese officials on "disaster risk management" based on their experience of the
According to the
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits