The head of Turkey’s information and telecommunications body, Tayfun Acarer, has urged companies to invest more in infrastructure as the Turkish communication market grows rapidly.
In a speech at the Information Technology 500 awards ceremony in
“The amount of data will increase day by day we should develop the infrastructure accordingly,” he said at the ceremony recognizing Turkey’s top information technology companies,
The telecommunication boss also praised the production of smart phones in
The world’s second-biggest telecommunication giant,
Turkish firms Teknosa, Indeks Computers and Penta were also recognized as having become leading companies in the information technology sector.
The survey, conducted by the
A total of 300 of Turkey’s top 500 companies in the sector grew last year, with 19 of them more than doubling their sales and 56 growing by between 50 percent and 99 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'