The head of Turkey’s information and telecommunications body, Tayfun Acarer, has urged companies to invest more in infrastructure as the Turkish communication market grows rapidly.
In a speech at the Information Technology 500 awards ceremony in
“The amount of data will increase day by day we should develop the infrastructure accordingly,” he said at the ceremony recognizing Turkey’s top information technology companies,
The telecommunication boss also praised the production of smart phones in
The world’s second-biggest telecommunication giant,
Turkish firms Teknosa, Indeks Computers and Penta were also recognized as having become leading companies in the information technology sector.
The survey, conducted by the
A total of 300 of Turkey’s top 500 companies in the sector grew last year, with 19 of them more than doubling their sales and 56 growing by between 50 percent and 99 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks