The Dow Jones industrial average fell 26 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,819 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell a fraction to 1,957 and the Nasdaq composite rose eight points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,387.
Five of the 10 industry groups in the S&P 500 index fell and five rose.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.52 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years