The Dow Jones industrial average fell 26 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,819 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell a fraction to 1,957 and the Nasdaq composite rose eight points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,387.
Five of the 10 industry groups in the S&P 500 index fell and five rose.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.52 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Illinois Issues Fracking Rules
- Detroit Muslim Conference Stirs Controversy
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Clippers Deal Started With 2 Numbers
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps
- 'Longmire' Cancelled, Looks for New Network
- Hip-Hop Takes Up Ferguson Cause
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Immigration Delay Throws Both Parties a Curve