The Dow Jones industrial average fell 26 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,819 as of
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell a fraction to 1,957 and the Nasdaq composite rose eight points, or 0.2 percent, to 4,387.
Five of the 10 industry groups in the S&P 500 index fell and five rose.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.52 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z