Currently, the major averages are turning in a mixed performance. While the Nasdaq is up 1.54 points or less than a tenth of a % at 4,380.58, the Dow is down 31.08 points or 0.2% at 16,815.05 and the S&P 500 is down 1.58 points or 0.1% at 1,955.64.
The choppy trading on
While some traders have seemingly been looking for any excuse to cash in on the recent gains, the selling pressure is typically offset by concerns about missing out on further upside.
On the economic front, Thomson Reuters and the
The report showed that the consumer sentiment index for June was upwardly revised to 82.5 from the preliminary reading of 81.2.
With the upward revision, the index exceeded economist estimates and came in above the final May reading of 81.9.
Most of the major sectors are showing only modest moves, although some weakness has emerged among chemical stocks. Reflecting the weakness in the chemical sector, the Dow Jones Chemicals Index has fallen by 1%.
Steel and biotech stocks are also seeing some weakness in early trading, while strength is visible among gold stocks.
In overseas trading, stock markets across the
The major European markets have also turned mixed on the day. While the French CAC 40 Index has dipped by 0.2%, the
In the bond market, treasuries have moved modestly higher, extending the recent upward trend. As a result, the yield on the benchmark ten-year note, which moves opposite of its price, is down by 1.4 basis points at 2.511%.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids