THE Nyeri government has tabled a Sh4.6 billion budget in the 2014-15 financial year. Finance Executive
He said 81 per cent will be financed by the national government while the county will contribute 19.2 per cent through revenue collection.
About 83 per cent goes to recurrent expenditure while 17 per cent will go to development.
"The county development budget is Sh782.8 million while the total recurrent budget is Sh3.9 billion. Sh 2.9 billion will pay salaries, wages, insurance and allowances while Sh1 billion will meet operation costs.
The health sector will take the lions share of Sh2 billion.
The agriculture, fisheries; livestock an cooperative development was allocated Sh353.9 million. The culture, gender and social development department intends to build a cultural centre and museum.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields