The pound fell to a 2-week low of 172.55 against the yen, from an early high of 173.17.
Against the Swiss franc and the euro, the pound slipped to 0.8004 and 1.5186 from yesterday's closing quotes of 0.7985 and 1.5215, respectively.
Moving away from an early multi-day high of 1.7050 against the US dollar, the pound dropped to 1.7019.
If the pound extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 0.81 against the euro, 1.69 against the greenback, 1.50 against the Swiss franc and 171.11 against the against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s