The pound fell to a 2-week low of 172.55 against the yen, from an early high of 173.17.
Against the Swiss franc and the euro, the pound slipped to 0.8004 and 1.5186 from yesterday's closing quotes of 0.7985 and 1.5215, respectively.
Moving away from an early multi-day high of 1.7050 against the US dollar, the pound dropped to 1.7019.
If the pound extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 0.81 against the euro, 1.69 against the greenback, 1.50 against the Swiss franc and 171.11 against the against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel
- Self-Induced Abortions Rise After Texas Closes Clinics
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review