The pound fell to a 2-week low of 172.55 against the yen, from an early high of 173.17.
Against the Swiss franc and the euro, the pound slipped to 0.8004 and 1.5186 from yesterday's closing quotes of 0.7985 and 1.5215, respectively.
Moving away from an early multi-day high of 1.7050 against the US dollar, the pound dropped to 1.7019.
If the pound extends its downtrend, it is likely to find support around 0.81 against the euro, 1.69 against the greenback, 1.50 against the Swiss franc and 171.11 against the against the yen.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps