The agri-processing, farming and timber company said its pretax profit saw a more than five-fold increase to
The company said it benefited from a substantial
The valuation indicated a net present value before tax and consideration of non-controlling interests ranging between
However, Obtala said its revenues fell 67% to
The company also noted a
2014 will see Obtala increase production of a range of products and will see the launch of its "African Home Stores" concept during the third quarter, which should provide entry into the African consumables market.
"We will sell our own products locally, and provide a centre for local residents to buy a range of necessities imported from around the world. Our initial plans are to rollout three African Home Stores in
Obtala shares were down 3.8% to
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go