A new Mozambican insurance company,
The main shareholders are Zimbabwean. The company's chairperson,
Describing itself as "the fruit of a partnership between Mozambican and Zimbabwean business people", Diamond says it pledges to be "a dynamic insurance company which intends to stake out an increasing place for itself in the national market".
Viegas said it will "offer solutions for short term solutions, with the vision of becoming a reference point in the market".
Innovation was one of the company's key values, he added, and it would seek to provide clients with "alternative solutions".
Diamond, he said, is the first insurance company in the country to offer agricultural insurance. It also offers marine hull and cargo insurance, as well as all types of vehicle insurance, and home and office insurance.
It does not offer any life insurance policies.
The chairperson of the
"We are convinced that
She hoped that Diamond will contribute to the growth trend in the Mozambican insurance industry, which, over the last five years, has grown at an average annual rate of 26 per cent".
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say