The House adopted some amendments moved by Finance Minister
After the passage of the bill, the Finance Minister congratulated the
He said productive discussion was held on the budget and we adopted several proposals given by the
Giving good news on the occasion, the Finance Minister said
The house will now take up supplementary demands for grants and appropriations for the year 2013-14.
Earlier replying to points raised by Sheikh
He said the Prime Minister has already said that the load-shedding will end during the tenure of the government.
He said a campaign has been launched against the theft of electricity and gas and as a result there is decrease in the theft by 1.5 per cent. He said it is the effort of the government to bring the line losses of electricity from 16 percent to eight percent.
The Finance Minister said the major focus of the budget is on the people living below the poverty line.
With a total outlay of
Ten percent ad hoc relief has been announced for the salaried class and minimum wage has been increased to
Increasing the financial assistance for the deserving families to
Special measures have also been announced for the agriculture sector.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Merck Profit More Than Doubles in Q2