The bond was oversubscribed by 500 per cent but the government chose not to take more than what was needed, according to the government.
He further stated that the bonds are already trading at the Irish Stock exchange at 102 per cent which shows more trust by investors in the Kenyan economy.
Kenyatta ensured Kenyans that the incomes from the bond which have already been put in
Moreover, the Eurobond will minimize local borrowing by government which will in turn reduce interest rates, he concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World