The bond was oversubscribed by 500 per cent but the government chose not to take more than what was needed, according to the government.
He further stated that the bonds are already trading at the Irish Stock exchange at 102 per cent which shows more trust by investors in the Kenyan economy.
Kenyatta ensured Kenyans that the incomes from the bond which have already been put in
Moreover, the Eurobond will minimize local borrowing by government which will in turn reduce interest rates, he concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High