The bond was oversubscribed by 500 per cent but the government chose not to take more than what was needed, according to the government.
He further stated that the bonds are already trading at the Irish Stock exchange at 102 per cent which shows more trust by investors in the Kenyan economy.
Kenyatta ensured Kenyans that the incomes from the bond which have already been put in
Moreover, the Eurobond will minimize local borrowing by government which will in turn reduce interest rates, he concluded.
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'