Traders and vendors in the Kingdom perceive
This time the holy month coincides with the summer vacation and most Saudi families have already left the Kingdom on holiday or planning to do so. Expatriate families too have packed their bags and headed home to spend the vacation there.
Although many shops and supermarkets opted to take pre-emptive measure by announcing sales weeks ahead of
The summer vacation has deeply impacted retail sales as sales went down over the past week, a sales supervisor of a leading hyper market told
"My shops used to generate on average SR8,000 per day but after the holiday started their sales dropped to around SR5,000," said
"At the moment, I am just being repaid debt in installments by customers," said
However, sales in shops in Hera, Sari are considerably better due to the fact that those shops are close to the beach and the seafront where more visitors flock not only from the city but also from nearby cities.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- Boehner Says Impeachment Talk Is Democrat Scam
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- You're So Vain: Microsoft to Launch First 'Selfie Phone'
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya