Government efforts to raise production, improve market access and overall technique for agriculture farmers in the
The Sigatoka valley development programme is serving its purpose by increasing farmers yields and at the same time providing technical assistance and enhancing quality for Fijian grown products.
Senior Agricultural Officer Mr Sawane Remudu said the programme has been welcomed by farmers as it increased their knowledge in integrated farming methods and has proved to be very successful.
Through the programme, 287 farmers have benefited in 2014 alone and the response has been very overwhelming, he said.
We have used the programme to boost the interests of farmers in agriculture which has provided the impetus to grow their knowledge and at the same time ensure sustainability of their farms.
The programme has been in place for the past two years and has reaped benefits in contributing towards the nation s tourism sector and also for the export market in
Government has invested close to
This year, Government has allocated another
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season