The CSC BDPaaS has been engineered to support an "as-a-Service" on several cloud infrastructures including
CSC BDPaaS offers batch analytics, fine-grained and interactive analytics, and real-time streaming analytics. Along with a suite of improved next-generation reference architectures for
"CSC is uniquely positioned to support predictive and prescriptive analytics for actionable insights from internal and external data to better manage customer intelligence, product innovation, risks and operational efficiencies," said Jim Kaskade , vice president and general manager, Big Data & Analytics, CSC. "Clients can minimize up-front costs and leverage existing technology investments without sacrificing time-to-market mandates. We're helping clients unlock the power and potential of Big Data with greater speed, efficiency and confidence."
Commercial and public sectors especially healthcare, insurance, finance and banking, diversified, and manufacturing, can benefit from CSC's BDPaaS with:
* Insights from data in less than 30 days, even in the most complex hybrid environments;
* Ability to exploit previously untapped enterprise and machine generated data;
* Scale up/down infrastructure and services-as-needed to align spend with expected returns;
* Quick-start proofs of concept with ability to rapidly operationalize;
* Ability to rapidly develop, test and deploy analytic models and applications to accelerate time to value;
* Integration of the Hortonworks Data Platform and Mongo DB as well as enhancements to our support of Storm, Hbase, Elasticsearch and Cloudera Distribution for Hadoop;
* Enhanced support for HIPPA, PCI and other regulatory standards for applications with compliance requirements; and
* Enterprise-class security.
"CSC is a valued Hortonworks partner, helping enable and expand the ecosystem around 100-percent open source Apache Hadoop," said
"This is a very competitive as-a-service offering that truly does take a platform approach to Big Data and Analytics requirements by integrating Hadoop, relational and streaming technologies to support high volumes of any type of data at any speed," said Dan Vesset, program VP Business Analytics and Big Data, IDC. "CSC's ability to offer and support a number of open source as well as enterprise technologies on an integrated platform gives clients options to better address a wide variety of current and future Big Data use cases."
IDC expects the market for Big Data technology and services to grown from
View this video with Jim Kaskade discussing CSC's next-generation BDPaaS offering.
CSC is a global leader of next-generation information technology (IT) services and solutions. The company's mission is to enable superior returns on clients' technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 79,000 employees and reported revenue of
ServiceMesh Agility Platform is a trademark of CSC. All other product and service names mentioned are the trademarks of their respective companies.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia