Artists, scientists, educators, and researchers will gather at
Deep Listening is both a theory and a practice developed by composer and Rensselaer professor
The conference is an opportunity for people well-acquainted with deep listening to share the ways they use the theory and practice to create art, communicate, teach, improvise, and perform. They will also discuss new scientific and philosophical theories and applications for deep listening.
The conference also presents an opportunity for those new to deep listening to explore the varied possibilities it has for their lives and work.
"The Deep Listening: Art/Science conference promises to be an intellectually stimulating and culturally enriching experience," Oliveros said. "The conference brings together a wonderful global constituency that has shared deep listening in many different ways throughout the years and eagerly welcomes those new to the practice to explore the creative possibilities deep listening can open in their lives."
The Deep Listening: Art/Science conference will be held from
Registration is still open for all aspects of the event.
"This conference is a unique opportunity for the community from
There will be three keynote addresses: one on the science of deep listening and two on the ways deep listening intersects with art.
Suiren (also known as
Other highlights of the conference program include a roundtable and intensive workshop about listening in dreams, daily
The conference celebrates the newly founded
TNS 18DejucosGrace-140627-30FurigayJane-4780722 30FurigayJane
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore