A North-American government finance organization has awarded Comptroller
"I'm proud that my agency is being recognized once again for its efforts to educate and to keep the public informed on the state's finances," said Comptroller Franchot. "All taxpayers deserve an open and transparent government."
The CAFR was judged by an impartial panel to meet high standards of the program including demonstrating a constructive "spirit of full disclosure" to clearly communicate its financial story and motivate potential users to read the publication.
"... Its attainment represents a significant accomplishment by a government and its management," wrote GFOA's Director of Technical Services
For more information on the award program, visit the GFOA website at www.gfoa.org. For more information on the state's financial picture, view the state's fiscal year 2013 CAFR.
The GFOA is a nonprofit professional association serving approximately 17,500 government finance professionals.
TNS 24KuanRap-140627 30FurigayJof-4780562 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Iran Digs in on Underground Nuclear Site
- Existing Home Sales in U.S. Fell in August
- U.N. Endorses Rights of Indigenous Peoples