Exhibition of the week
Radical GeometryHÉlio Oiticica and
Other exhibitions this week
Masterpiece of the week
The world of the Aztecs comes to sinister life in this eerie mythic work of art. The turquoise body of the double-headed serpent has a cold beauty. Aztec religion was totally lacking in humanist pity, and called for human sacrifices to appease gods who were as powerful and terrible as this strange image.
Image of the weekWhat we learned this week
That this summer's Serpentine pavilion looks looks like it was made by a giant skimming stones
What the complete history of the nude in photography looks like
What the death of
That a trampoline funland is opening in a Welsh cave this summer ... and it looks like pure art
That a new mega-show has opened in galleries all over
That a new retrospective of
… and what 35 years in the world of
Which are the 10 best – and naffest – animal portraits of all time
How one woman turned her grief over her mother's death into pictures, by photographing every belonging she left behind
And finally …
Follow us on
It's your last chance to send us your artworks on the theme of play!
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal