In short, any place, right from a popular restaurant on
"We created Blix so that all the important places in our lives can be saved to be remembered in an easy-to-use app which acts like a personal travel companion. The app helps users record, track and save places important to them and share it only with those who are close to them," says Samuel.
The idea behind the app was created by Woolsey, who does a lot of hiking and travel.
It was during one such travel with his wife and sons last year across
"The fact that we still have to refer to written or typed addresses in this age of technology, got me thinking about creating an app that helps you lock your favourite location and save it on the mobile," says Woolsey.
"Some of my favourite places have no addresses. It could be some hidden cafÉ, or an unexplored beach. Once saved on the app, I can refer whenever needed and also pass it on to friends through mail, text or social media," says Woolsey.
"Our initial plan was promote the app in
As per industry estimates, the smartphone-owning population in
Blix, which is a free app, is the first app that Woolsey and Samuel have produced through their company, Ladder8. ""
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks