ENP Newswire -
Release date- 24062014 -
'We are making substantial investments in electricity system upgrades in
'We've also invested in our nuclear and other power plants and in the regional delivery system that serves our nearly 87,000 electricity customers in
Approximately 58 percent of the request is to recover the cost of investments and operating expenses for the Monticello and
'Our nuclear plants are among our lowest-cost resources, generating electricity 24/7,' said McCarten. 'The investments we've made will secure the benefits of this cost effective, clean energy resource for customers today and into the future.'
Improvements to the local electricity distribution system in
upgrading the high-voltage transmission loop on the north side of
replacing an existing
adding more automatic switches on key distribution lines that sense power failures and switch to an alternate power source. Ten such switches already operate in and around
'We know any rate increase affects our customers, and we worked hard to manage costs and increase efficiency to keep our request in this case as small as possible,' McCarten said. 'Our customers value reliable service, and we continually improve our system to deliver on their expectations.'
McCarten emphasized that
A copy of the rate case filing will be available on the commission's website at. http://puc.sd.gov/Dockets/Electric/2014/. When posted, the docket # will be EL14-058. Information will also be available at www.xcelenergy.com
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria