According to AP, City, Sha'ban 28, 1435,
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 14 points, or 0.8 percent, to 1,945 and the Nasdaq composite fell 30 points, or 0.7 percent, to 4,349.
The drop was slight but wide. All 10 sectors of the S&P 500 were lower, led by bank stocks.
The government said that the number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits declined last week, the latest evidence that an economic slowdown earlier this year hasn't caused employers to shed workers.
Bond prices rose. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note fell to 2.53 percent.
18:38 LOCAL TIME
All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids