Reducing overall electricity losses can improve GPL s financial performance, while alleviating the government s fiscal commitments with regards to the energy sector.
GPL is now facing various challenges in trying to provide additional electricity on an efficient and reliable basis, which include high levels of electricity losses. As
Previous IDB experience in
The Power Utility Upgrade Program is designed as a holistic, integrated approach to support GPL with financing for critical infrastructure investments and technical support for GPL s key business areas. This support should increase GPL s overall performance,reinforce GPL s operational capabilities, and the achievement of a sustained trend in overall loss reduction.
The three main components of this loan reflect this approach with the following expected results: (1) a sustained trend in overall loss reduction; (2) an improved and accountable management performance against consistent Key Performance Indicators and within minimum international standards; and (3) more modern, efficient, and reliable operational systems in GPL.This new program will rehabilitate approximately 830 kilometers of GPL s distribution network by implementing an integral approach to tackle overall losses while strengthening GPL s management and technical capabilities.
Under the IDB s new and innovative Grant Leverage Mechanism, the Guyana Power Utility Upgrade Program will be the first to be co-financed with IDB resources and those to be provided on a non-reimbursable basis by the
Most Popular Stories
- Florida Warns Beach-goers About Flesh-eating Bacteria
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- LivePro is a Mobile Hot Spot, Projector in One
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- U.S. Economy Grows at Fastest Pace in 10 Years
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z