Reducing overall electricity losses can improve GPL s financial performance, while alleviating the government s fiscal commitments with regards to the energy sector.
GPL is now facing various challenges in trying to provide additional electricity on an efficient and reliable basis, which include high levels of electricity losses. As
Previous IDB experience in
The Power Utility Upgrade Program is designed as a holistic, integrated approach to support GPL with financing for critical infrastructure investments and technical support for GPL s key business areas. This support should increase GPL s overall performance,reinforce GPL s operational capabilities, and the achievement of a sustained trend in overall loss reduction.
The three main components of this loan reflect this approach with the following expected results: (1) a sustained trend in overall loss reduction; (2) an improved and accountable management performance against consistent Key Performance Indicators and within minimum international standards; and (3) more modern, efficient, and reliable operational systems in GPL.This new program will rehabilitate approximately 830 kilometers of GPL s distribution network by implementing an integral approach to tackle overall losses while strengthening GPL s management and technical capabilities.
Under the IDB s new and innovative Grant Leverage Mechanism, the Guyana Power Utility Upgrade Program will be the first to be co-financed with IDB resources and those to be provided on a non-reimbursable basis by the
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid