Growing partnerships between the provider of 3-D modeling software
Earlier large industrial production projects are being tailored to suit individual demands without the manufacturing volumes required to gain economies of scale.
APIs are at the center of allowing this transformation.
A senior official of
He said the company has created its own web services like ReCap 360, but it has also created an API for third-party developers who can create their own applications.
He added that API is in reality about the ability to embed photos into 3-D using the cloud and third-party developers can develop an application for desktop, mobile or iPad app, to enable users to upload photos to the cloud and get back a 3-D model.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays