A 300-acre farm that s been in the hands of the same family for four generations is looking forward to a bountiful future after receiving a loan of £600,000 from
The family has farmed in the area for more than 200 years, and puts their success down to diverse business interests. They have supplied farm animal, horse and pet feed for more than 30 years, and recently approached
Father and son,
They will also be able to boost their product range to include non-perishable items such as head collars, lead ropes, grooming kit and medical supplies for the equine industry. There will also be a wider selection of backyard poultry products to complement the sale of young laying hens which they have supplied for many years.
The loan has also enabled the family to revisit plans from 2000 for the development of redundant traditional farm buildings which are well-suited to small rural businesses, as well as the addition of a campsite.
His father Adrian added: Expanding the business means we can bring more jobs to the local community. As a farming family, we are keen to improve and foster the link between the general public and the countryside, so the public can enjoy and understand what goes on, on the other side of the hedge.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English