A 300-acre farm that s been in the hands of the same family for four generations is looking forward to a bountiful future after receiving a loan of £600,000 from
The family has farmed in the area for more than 200 years, and puts their success down to diverse business interests. They have supplied farm animal, horse and pet feed for more than 30 years, and recently approached
Father and son,
They will also be able to boost their product range to include non-perishable items such as head collars, lead ropes, grooming kit and medical supplies for the equine industry. There will also be a wider selection of backyard poultry products to complement the sale of young laying hens which they have supplied for many years.
The loan has also enabled the family to revisit plans from 2000 for the development of redundant traditional farm buildings which are well-suited to small rural businesses, as well as the addition of a campsite.
His father Adrian added: Expanding the business means we can bring more jobs to the local community. As a farming family, we are keen to improve and foster the link between the general public and the countryside, so the public can enjoy and understand what goes on, on the other side of the hedge.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays