The government has today (
The government confirmed that £200 million of Sukuk, maturing on
Investors from the major centres for Islamic finance in the
The profit rate on the Sukuk has been set at 2.036% in line with the yield on gilts of similar maturity.
The Chancellor of the Exchequer George Osborne said: Today s issuance of
We have seen very strong demand for the Sukuk, resulting in a price that delivers good value for money for the taxpayer. I hope that the success of this government issuance will encourage further private sector issuances of Sukuk in the
By issuing sovereign Sukuk, the government has demonstrated that it is possible to create a successful British base for Islamic finance.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare