In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average fell 39.40 points, or 0.26 percent, from Thursday to 15,269.09. The broader
Major decliners included mining, oil and coal products as well as insurance shares, while pharmaceuticals and utility issues gained ground.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps