"I was delighted to be back in
"I had the privilege to speak at the first Seminar of
"As I was reminded in my interactions with representatives of micro finance institutions and small and medium-size enterprises over the last two days, greater financial inclusion is a proven mechanism through which governments can work to reduce inequality and strengthen the role of women in the economy. Improved access to finance allows households to smooth out consumption over time and insure against risks. It also encourages entrepreneurship, and it may allow small businesses to grow beyond subsistence and informality, and ultimately contribute to strong and durable growth and job creation.
"This visit was also an opportunity to discuss economic developments in
TNS 30BautistaJude 140627-4780182 30BautistaJude
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids