SHELBY: Mr. Secretary, I have before me Treasury Order 10105, which breaks down the relationships and supervision of officials in the
LEW: That is right. It's a bit more independent than other subunits, we should be clear.
SHELBY: But not totally independent.
LEW: No, no. I never said it was.
SHELBY: Do you believe that the integrity of the
LEW: I have said many times and I believe deeply...
SHELBY: Yes or no.
LEW: ...in a function democracy, the integrity of the
SHELBY: Do you realize, as the Secretary of Treasury, that the
Isn't it time? Isn't it past time for us to get past you looking at it internally, even by an Inspector General, and get a special prosecutor to restore the integrity of the
LEW: Senator, I believe that if you look at the amount of investigation that has been done that has produced no evidence of any political interference in this process, if one looks at the record, the record should actually be reassuring. Obviously, there's a desire to keep asking questions. I understand that. But I don't think it's because the questions haven't been thoroughly examined by committee after committee, by
SHELBY: I think most people would think there's been a lot of interference by the
LEW: But there's no evidence of it.
SHELBY: Not just the disappearance of the tapes, but before when they were stonewalling different designations that should have been approved. The integrity of the
TNS 24KuanRap-140626 30FurigayJof-4779021 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant