Recent Findings in Vehicle Technology Described by
Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "However, it might cause a channel traffic unbalance (CTU) problem in which certain channels are busy whereas others are idle. It is a great challenge to balance the traffic of each channel because each station finds it difficult to manage the incoming slots in a distributed manner. To cope with the CTU problem, a novel MAC protocol the staggered multichannel traffic-balanced MAC (STB-MAC) protocol, is proposed, which applies the staggered channel model that migrates traffic from busy channels to idle channels."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Performance evaluation reveals that the proposed STB-MAC achieves superior performance in network throughput and packet delay."
For more information on this research see: STB-MAC: Staggered Multichannel Traffic Balanced MAC Protocol in Wireless Networks. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 2014;63(4):1779-1789. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Friends Followed Similar Paths to Violent Jihad