As a national university of world-class education and high quality research that is aligned with national objectives and the needs of the community, the event was an opportunity for QU to detail its main areas of focus and the strategic plan for its achievement.
Entitled 'Advancing Research for
Each has sub-themes respectively — liquefied natural gas and alternative energy, materials and nanotechnology, marine resources and water, air & food security; modernisation, national identity and society, Islam & contemporary issues, and education and capacity building; prevention & treatment of chronic non-communicable diseases, and traffic safety; and intelligent and secure information processing, distributed systems and e-Services, and enabling technologies.
Plans for implementation of the road map include the establishment of 12 interdisciplinary groups to address the sub-themes. The key impact is expected to be felt in the number and quality of PhD programmes and post-doctoral training as well as stimulation of undergraduate research and creating mass in the priority areas within QU and Qatar.
QU President Prof
"I believe that the strategy and implementation plan will contribute significantly to refocusing research efforts at the university and maximising the return on investment in the field of research, thereby realising our mission of research excellence, one of its fundamental pillars," she said.
The event agenda included presentations by QU Vice-President for Research, Dr
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed