Market participants are expecting the financial stability officials to take appropriate action to cool surging home prices that could pose a threat to the economy. Carney's speech will also be in focus for clues about bank's interest rate hike in future.
The pound advanced to 2-day highs of 1.7022 against the greenback, 1.5205 versus the franc and 0.7997 against the euro, from early lows of 1.6970, 1.5149 and 1.8031,respectively.
The pound rose to a session's high of 173.19 against the yen, from early near 2-week low of 172.69.
If the pound extends gain, it is likely to find resistance around 1.72 against the greenback, 174.00 against the yen, 1.53 against the franc and 0.79 against the euro.
Most Popular Stories
- Rackspace Ends Talks About Possible Acquisition
- Mercedes Rolls Out S550 Plug-in Hybrid
- Missouri GM Plant Adding 750 jobs
- Poverty Rate Drops for First Time Since 2006
- Parameters Being Drawn for IS Action
- Aaron Hernandez: I Felt Helpless to Refuse Police
- Cedeno Named USHCC Businessman of the Year
- Anheuser-Busch, Visa Voice NFL Disapproval
- Can Kobach Keep Taylor's Name on Ballot?
- Two-thirds of Hispanics Doubt Media Accuracy