The amendments permit certain market participants to report under the
"One of the biggest challenges for securities regulators as we implement the G20 commitments is cross-border harmonization. We take the challenge seriously and are pleased to announce that we recognize the CTFC's swap data reporting rule as equivalent to our rule," said Howard I. Wetston, Q.C., Chair and CEO of the OSC. "The recognition of a comparable regulatory rule is an important milestone that reflects a strong, collaborative effort in strengthening oversight of OTC derivatives at the international level."
The OSC is committed to continuing the dialogue with stakeholders, as public consultation is critical to ensuring success in delivering responsive and effective regulation for OTC derivatives. To learn more about the TR rule and recent amendments, market participants are encouraged to visit the OSC's website at www.osc.gov.on.ca.
The OSC is meeting its G20 commitments and reinforcing
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World