The amendments permit certain market participants to report under the
"One of the biggest challenges for securities regulators as we implement the G20 commitments is cross-border harmonization. We take the challenge seriously and are pleased to announce that we recognize the CTFC's swap data reporting rule as equivalent to our rule," said Howard I. Wetston, Q.C., Chair and CEO of the OSC. "The recognition of a comparable regulatory rule is an important milestone that reflects a strong, collaborative effort in strengthening oversight of OTC derivatives at the international level."
The OSC is committed to continuing the dialogue with stakeholders, as public consultation is critical to ensuring success in delivering responsive and effective regulation for OTC derivatives. To learn more about the TR rule and recent amendments, market participants are encouraged to visit the OSC's website at www.osc.gov.on.ca.
The OSC is meeting its G20 commitments and reinforcing
Most Popular Stories
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids