ENP Newswire -
Release date- 25062014 -
The PINS3-CW safely and quickly detects and identifies hazardous chemicals inside munitions or chemical storage containers by conducting nondestructive gamma analysis. The system uses ORTEC's portable Trans-Spec-N high-purity germanium spectrometer combined with a portable neutron detector and a unique software algorithm developed in partnership with
'The PINS3-CW is a significant evolution in our non-destructive analysis systems. The system integrates our new mechanically cooled Trans-Spec-N portable spectrometer with a small neutron generator to support user requirements to identify unknown threats at the location of the container or source.' says
The entire PINS3-CW system fits into a hardened wheeled transport case for easy handling and shipping to any location by a single user. The system is environmentally hardened for field operations and is designed for remote operation to increase stand-off distance and user safety.
For more information on the PINS3-CW, please download the brochure at http://www.ortec-online.com/download/PINS3-CW.pdf.
ORTEC has more than 50 years of experience in the design and manufacture of highly sensitive radiation detectors used by government and industrial laboratories, nuclear facilities and medical research and in nuclear safeguards. ORTEC is the leading supplier of high-resolution HPGe-based radiation identifiers.
For more information, contact
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Spiders Get Bigger, Reproduce Faster in Cities